Sunday, July 22, 2012

A Puny But Terrifying Dragon?!



Sage LaTorra (one of the creators of Dungeon World) posted a very interesting article, A 16 HP Dragon, on his website, Syntax Error. He describes how to make an encounter terrifying for the players and yet the monster in question has a puny 16 HP. Check it out!


I do not think that this is unique to Dungeon World (and LaTorra does not claim that it is) but I do think that Dungeon World specifically encourages this in the rules. I believe, with a fair amount of effort, you could accomplish this in the various D&D versions.


It was stuff like this that caused me to back Dungeon World when it was a Kickstarter project. I am really looking forward to getting the book and all of the stuff from the stretch goals.


No comments:

Post a Comment